Monday, May 16, 2011

Precious Memories

Time so quickly seems to fade --
Reality strikes me like a blade.
I feel there's so much for me to say,
Oh let me tell you if I may,
Of a boy I once knew
That I dearly love all through and through.
Oh, what precious memories
Me and my best friend share.
We were so young and oblivious and without a care.
Two small children, my brother and me --
As happy and content as two could be.
A tickle and a laugh,
A tear --
A simple hug to calm and to cheer.
Little hands and tiny feet
Twirling around as the time does flee.
We stuck together in the good times and the bad,
Forgiving one another when one got mad.
Ah, yes, precious memories!
And now you, my brother, my friend have grown --
Now spreading your wings
And are learning to soar,
Going through each open door.
Remember always to trust in the Lord.
Thank you for my precious memories,
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment