Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Broken Dreams

Deep within I feel the ache --
The empty hole that you made.
Since you've been gone
I've never been the same.
It seems you've moved on,
Leaving me alone.
My heart longs for the man I used to know --
For the one I had loved . . .
The one who seemed sent from above.
I miss you with my whole heart.
I never wanted to part,
But God wanted different
And sent us our separate ways.
I keep praying for a miracle --
To have you in my arms once more,
But all I have are broken dreams --
Broken dreams and an aching heart.
It's time for me to let go,
Time to let go and be free.
It's the only way for me to be happy,
And mend these broken dreams . . .
It's time to let go.

1 comment:

  1. Because we are all the sum of our life experiences, take what you can from this one and move on to the next. You won't die from a broken heart, just learn from it. You have so much to offer to so many people -- keep sharing and caring and open your arms to embrace all relationships: the good, the bad, and the right one.

    ReplyDelete